4U-60 3.5” Ultra Dense JBOD Storage System
The DDP60EXR is the latest addition to the scalable redundant DDP systems.
The DDP60EXR being a fully redundant storage array has double power supplies and IO controllers. It can hold both 3,5 and 2,5 inch hard disks or solid state disks. For hard disks using SATA connections interposer boards per drive carrier are optionally available. Each IO controller has four SAS connectors and is hot swappable. The DDP60EXR can be used in combination with one or two DDP Head (full redundant with automatic failover) which holds our iSCSI/AVFS ethernet SAN technology, 1 and/or 10 GbE ports and EX cards to drive DDP60EXRs.
The DDP60EXR can be factory set using 1,2 or 4 zones enabling drive partitioning. With 1 zone the DDP60EXR is driven by one EX card. Each zone needs one Ex card. When set to 4 zones the highest performance can be obtained using one EX card per zone. With SSDs this way a bandwidth of 6 GB/sec can be reached. Also zoning is used when the DDP60EXR should hold drives of different capacities or combinations of hard disks and SSDs.
Per 15 drives the DDP60EXR comes standard with two raid 5 sets of 7 drives plus one hot spare. Other configurations such as Raid 6 are available upon request. The DDP60EXRs can also be delivered partly populated. If one EX card is used per zone up to 7 x DDP60EXR can be daisy chained.
* Full featured robust 6 Gb/sec high performance SAS 2.0 implemented ultra dense 4U-60 drive storage array
* Fully redundant Hot pluggable IO controllers and power supply modules
* Four SFF-8088 6 Gb/sec host and expansion connections supports up to 9,6 GB/sec per IO controller
* Works with SATA, SAS, 2,5" 3,5" hard disks and or SSDs
* Can be daisy chained
* Can be set to 1, 2 or 4 zones for drive partitioning with 4 zones and 4 raid cards giving the highest performance
* Current maximum capacity per DDP60EXR with 4 TB drives is 240 TB
* With 4 zones and 4 x EX cards and SSDs sustained throughput can be as high as 6 GB/sec